Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Introductions

I've finally decided that it's time for me to go ahead and do this blogging thing.  I don't know what pushed me to such a decision, but, well, I like it and I hope you will also.  I plan to offer up some of my work for you to see as well as showcase some other amazingly talented artists that I stumble across on my traipses through the web.

I finally figured that it was indeed high time to begin a bead blog after a lighthearted conversation with my husband at the breakfast table.  He told me how happy he was that I was doing something I thoroughly enjoyed (apart from the whole being a mommy thing--that goes without saying), yet he lamented at not being able to be more involved.  He then got this Eureka-ish look on his face and announced that he would be naming my pieces from here on out.

Now, there was some initial trepidation on my part, very little mind you, but a measure none the less.  I through the idea out there that I would like to "consult" with him on the naming process, an idea to which he was most agreeable to.  Thank goodnes, crisis averted.

As far as my reasoning goes for this very conversation being the foundation to my beady blog, well, I just happened to find a little nugget of humor in my big burly tattooed husband wanting ever so much to be a part of my artsy fartsy beading interest and I hope you do too.

On to my latest creation:  Vintage Harvest Peyote Cuff.  Inspired by a William Armes Ltd. rug of all things, titled Innocence.


I just finished purchasing and creating my first pattern (the pattern for this cuff), with BeadTool3 (a fabulous experience by the way), so if you enjoy what you see and would like to make your own, check it out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment